Golf Betting Guide
Betting on golf is just as fun as it is lucrative – if you know what you’re doing of course. There are options for recreational betters as well as professional better – and strategies to support them all. If you’re new to betting on golf it can be overwhelming, but we’ve compiled a guide to help get you started.
In the digital world, it should come as no surprise that online betting has become increasingly popular. You can still bet at a local sportsbook, however, the online version is a lot easier and hassle-free.
When it comes to online betting, there are a lot of options available You also have the flexibility of comparing platforms and options before committing to one.
Look for a site that’s trusted, offers fast pay-outs and a wide variety of betting options.
The best way to learn and gain valuable insight is to speak to a professional. They often place close attention to tournaments and will have a fairly good idea of who to bet on. Some online betting sites give you access to their team of pros to ensure that you make the best bet. You can either use their picks as is or use it to shape your bet.
Golf Betting Options
- To win bets: This is the most popular as it is the simplest to do. Here you bet on who will win the tournament, it’s as easy as that.
- Versus the field bets: Here you’ll choose the person who you think will not win the tournament. As long as the chosen golfer doesn’t win, you’ll win.
- Head to head bets: This option gives you a choice of two golfers. You will then place a bet on who will win the round between the two, or who will have the best score at the end of the tournament.
- Futures bets: Usually at the beginning of the season, you will bet on the golfer that will win the PGA Championship. This result is not determined by a single tournament, but rather the season. As this is a long-term bet, the odds may fluctuate time and time again.
- Prop bets: These are random bets not related to the outcome of a tournament. For example, will there be a hole in one or if there will be a birdie on a specific hole? Essentially, you’re betting on occurrences that may take place.
The Simplest Strategy
Do your research beforehand, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the sport. This can include looking into the players and their performance as well as what the experts predict will happen. Familiarising yourself with the available betting options will also help you make an informed decision. In the same way that golfers need strategy and skill to succeed, so do you when it comes to placing winning bets. As always, choose your bets wisely and don’t exceed your budget.